Article Detail

How do I cancel the passport of the deceased?

To cancel the passport of the deceased it should be returned to Passport Canada with a copy of the death certificate and a letter indicating if the cancelled passport should be destroyed or returned to you.

We recommend that you send the documents by registered mail to:

Passport Canada

Foreign Affairs Canada

Gatineau QC  K1A 0G3


Or you can send the document by courier to:

Passport Canada

70 Crémazie Street

Gatineau QC J8Y 3P2


Posted in: Government Documents