Courtesy of Karen Sylvain from Sylk Home Staging & Re-Design.
Preparing to sell a home is stressful at the best of times. When you are going through a difficult transition, dealing with the death of a spouse, parent or loved one, it can be overwhelming.
Home staging is a process to help you prepare the home for sale to get it sold quickly and for the most money possible.
Here are the TOP 5 REASONS to Professionally Stage Your Home prior to listing it for sale.
1. You never get a second chance to make a first impression! Prospective buyers take approximately 10 minutes to tour the home, however, they get a first impression in the first 30 seconds.
2. Great pictures for the internet. 90% of buyers search the internet for new listings before considering to tour the inside of a home. Having great pictures for the listing makes the home you are selling stand out from the competition.
3. Home staging neutralizes the home. Most people have a hard time being objective about someone elses family home. Having an objective 3rd party can help make those decisions on what to store, pack away or keep out. A home stager will look at the home through potential buyers eyes.
4. Having the home staged will help secure more offers at or above asking price. The better the condition of the home, the less likely it will be that you will have to lower the asking price. On average a staged home will sell 10% higher than one that is not staged.
5. When a home is staged it will likely spend less time on the market. Prospective buyers are looking for properties that are move in ready. Staging helps the buyers imagine themselves and their belongings in that home.